Pretending To Be Brave


Being brave doesn't mean we aren't afraid or worried about things. It does, however, mean that we recognize feeling afraid or worried, but can still do the hard thing. For example, I get really anxious when I have to speak in front of a group of people and I start to worry that I'll mess up and everyone will laugh at me. So every time I have to do a presentation, I feel terrified and my heart beats super fast and I get kinda sweaty. But I know that is going to happen every time I do a presentation, so now I expect it to happen and I am ready with my secret weapon. 
Do you want to know what my secret weapon is?!? I pretend to be brave! Yup, that's right! I become an actor and I pretend that I am a brave person who is very good at giving presentations and everyone loves me and thinks I'm smart! :) And the cool thing that happens is, that very quickly my body starts to play along and my heart slows down and I stop sweating and I BECOME BRAVE and I can do the hard thing that I was so scared of!

Have you ever been really scared or worried about something and had to be BRAVE?

Comments

Popular Posts